Maine offers countless adventures, from summiting jagged peaks, to kayaking cliff-lined shores. With vast forests, seaside villages and island getaways, the state invites seemingly limitless wandering. Lonely Planet is your passport to Maine & Acadia National Park, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Hike and bike through Acadia National Park, explore Portland’s cobblestone-lined Old Port, and go leaf-peeping for spectacular fall foliage; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Maine & Acadia National Park and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Maine & Acadia National Park Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – Maine & Acadia National Park today, history, wildlife & the environment, people, literature, food, drink
- Free, convenient pull-out city map (included in print version), plus over 39 colour maps
Coverage includes: Portland, Southern Maine Coast, Midcoast Maine, Acadia National Park & Down East, Western Maine, North Maine Woods, Inland Maine, and more